How do you get the next 10 Billion devices ‘smart’ connected – Cavli Wireless introduces Hubble99
OEMs are now building IoT devices at 50% lesser cost compared to the past. Introducing Hubble99
Evolving Customer expectations & Customer Experience design
In an age where user/customer experience makes or breaks a product, no matter the complexity of the problem it solves, technology product makers are at the nerve end of this phenomenon. Amplifying this with the ever-shortening product life cycles in technology, it becomes all the more imperative that product makers need to step up their customer/user experience game continually.
Across industries, this quest to improve the customer experience initially progressed on the product front, where continual improvements to the product gave incumbents the edge to stay a couple of laps ahead in the race with the new competition that was emerging. But soon enough, incremental innovation on the product side became inadequate to meet the ever-evolving demands of the consumer.
The next revolution rightfully became a business model innovation. Beyond the product – how does the customer pay for the product, get onboarded into the customer ecosystem, and avail or be privy to exclusive ‘members-only’ value-added services became the new face of customer experience design. Product level innovations became the expected guaranteed datum, and then the question of how ‘flexible’ is the ‘whole package’ became the new differentiator. ‘Product thinking’ got replaced with ‘Solution thinking’ and with the latter engulfing the former. A ‘product’ is now naturally expected to be a ‘solution’ to a customer’s pain point.
Product & Customer experience design in the world of IoT
To superimpose this thought process to the IoT industry is what Phillip Wegner has done with his article on IoT business models that appeared on IoT analytics. He breaks down the components of a successful IoT implementation in this article that also quotes famed management thinker Michael Porter’s HBR article How Smart, Connected Products Are Transforming Competition, which was co-authored by the CEO of PTC, Jim Heppelman. This would be a good parallel read to the thoughts laid out on this blog as well. The article discusses the many necessary tradeoffs to consider when trying to bring a smart connected product to the market
Let’s take the example of an IoT product maker in the Cold chain monitoring & diagnostics space. A go-to-market scenario is governed by quite a few questions that will determine the product’s ultimate success.
- How can I differentiate from the rest of the existing products out there in the market?
- At what price point can I disrupt?
- What should I monetize? The hardware or as a service? How do I price for the data?
- How low should I price to enter the market?
- Should I sell at a loss initially to get customers?
- Which technology partners will give me the edge in terms of features and price?
- Which network technology is the most ideal for my solution, but which one is more beneficial to my business model?
- What can I offer for free that can be a value-added service?
- How soon can I start selling to newer geographies, and what will enable me to do that?
It’s evident that at the heart of these questions, the fundamental thought is how do I disrupt the market with my pricing model, all the while offering superior features without compromising on the quality of service. Now that’s a tough one. Well, that is what it takes to make your presence felt in a market instead of merely existing.
Over the last couple of years at Cavli, as a cellular IoT module maker serving IoT business worldwide, we have been asking ourselves a few questions that have shaped how our solutions have evolved.
- What is holding back the IoT industry?
- What does it take to get the next 10 billion IoT devices to be SMART connected?
- How do we enable IoT product makers around the world to scale aggressively in the most seamless manner?
- What is the true subscription economy model for IoT? Is there something achievable beyond what is there in the market already?
As an IoT product maker, your product is labeled SMART when it can seamlessly establish a connection to the cloud and ensure secure two-way data flow. As easy as it may seem, the IoT landscape has its share of complexities.
IoT connectivity enablement is a multi-stakeholder ecosystem that includes connectivity providers/telecom operators, application providers & system integrators. For SMBs, OEMs & Enterprises in IoT, figuring out and activating IoT connectivity has been not only an essential cog in the wheel but also a distorted one. For most sensory application products, the cost for connectivity hardware at the edge is a significant component of the total product cost that generally brings up the initial capital investment for IoT enablement. This has affected decisions for scale and has been a significant reason why many IoT SMBs and benefactors of Smart city projects have been cautious about scaling up. There have been projections galore, but not enough on the ground deployments to match it up. Although Ericsson predicted 50 billion devices to be on cellular networks by 2020, only 10 billion devices made its way through.
It became evident that the currently fragmented ecosystem needs to be re-engineered, consolidated & re-imagined from start to end. Thus to unlock the real potential of IoT and to get the next 10 billion devices connected, we envisioned Hubble99, which we are sure would change the Cellular IoT landscape forever.
Re-Imagining Cellular IoT Like Never Before with Hubble99
What is Hubble 99?
Hubble99 is the most ambitious IoT hardware bundle to be launched globally. For an irresistible package price of $0.99/month/device, IoT solution players get the eSIM integrated connectivity hardware of their choice of technology, pre-loaded IoT data pack, and the robust Connectivity-Device management cloud platform, all together as one single package. Hubble99 marks the true entry of IoT into the subscription economy age. Hubble99 has a host of other allied features/benefits like lifetime warranty on the connectivity hardware and access to local IoT networks in over 150+ countries.
Yes, that’s right, a complete OPEX model of IoT connectivity enablement both at the service end and the hardware side. In 2016, Industry major Ericsson predicted a near future where the NB IoT module will be priced below $5 in the market. Well, with Hubble99, Cavli has brought it down to $0, and this is an industry first making Hubble99 the unprecedented winner when it comes to the title of the Smartest IoT hardware bundle package.
To top it all, the Cavli smart modules come with a lifetime warranty, thereby removing any apprehensions regarding how a net-zero priced module will take care of your connectivity needs.
With Hubble99, SMBs, and startups who are providers of IoT solutions can save about 50% of the first year IoT connectivity related investments and around 30% by the end of three years, which otherwise would have been spent on separate modules, device management platforms, and data plans.
With 30MB and 3MB of included data on Hubble99 for LTE/LTE-M & NB IoT plans, respectively, almost all major applications on LPWAN as well as high bandwidth LTE can be easily boarded onto Cavli Hubble – the robust Connectivity-modem management cloud from Cavli Wireless.
By launching Hubble99, Cavli aims to revolutionize cellular IoT with affordable and robust connectivity options that suit any and all “smart solutions.”
What does the launch of Hubble99 mean to the IoT industry and the millions of IoT product makers out there?
- Get your devices SMART connected in the most seamless manner eliminating around 50% of IoT connectivity related costs. Costs saved here is the freedom to price your product aggressively and dedicate more marketing dollars for your product.
- IoT hardware will no longer be a hurdle. It will become a true enabler. IoT product makers will never need to worry about what the hardware will cost as you only pay $0.99/device/month across all module technologies, thereby completely eliminating the initial hardware capital costs.
- Local IoT network access across 150+ countries for LPWAN/LTE connectivity through one single window translates to zero hassle to scale your IoT product to new geography. Since we directly work with telecom operators around the world to facilitate local data connectivity, our platform can ensure that any IoT product maker or enterprise in any industry, be it logistics, smart agriculture, industrial IoT, smart city applications, can easily build, connect and scale their IoT solutions to any geography in the world in the most seamless manner possible.
- Absolute remote diagnostics capability ensures troubleshooting access to the connectivity modem and the application layer, thereby eliminating almost 90% downtime issues. After all, an IoT product needs to remain true to its core functional value – stay SMART connected all the time.
Explore Hubble99 powered eSIM integrated Smart Modules
If Cavli Hubble – our robust connectivity-modem management platform is the heart of Hubble99, Cavli’s eSIM integrated smart modules are the nerve centers of the Hubble99 brain.
Cavli brings the best-in-class IoT edge hardware to the most trusted LTE/LPWAN chipset manufacturers in the market. All our Smart Modules have a software stack that resides in them, which helps establish an important link between the modules & the Cavli Hubble connectivity cloud platform. This ensures that Cavli Hubble has the power to control and monitor not just the module and eSIM but also take the remote diagnostics capability to the next level with an option to access the processor that runs the business logic/application. Our modules are designed for durable use, minimal ﬁeld support requirement, a lesser total cost of ownership & is ideal for manufacturers looking to design and launch IoT applications in multiple segments quickly, and in geographies, worldwide. Our eSIM integrated Smart IoT modules are connected to technologies like NB-IoT, LTE-M, CAT 1, CAT 4, 2G, GNSS.
How is Cavli Wireless taking cellular IoT to the next level?
Our unique software-hardware product suite packaged into a disruptive pricing plan aims to revolutionize cellular IoT by ensuring affordability and robust connectivity options that would suit any smart solution. Hubble99 would rightfully benefit not just the SMBs (small and medium businesses) and startups in IoT, but even the enterprises in achieving great savings at scale.
IoT is finally cost-effective
Save 50% in the first year and 30% in three years for your next IoT deployment with no initial connectivity hardware cost.
Single window access to scale globally
No distinction between IoT hardware, software and connectivity enablement – it is finally one single package.
Pay as you go scale model
Pay only for the per-usage charge of the data consumed by your IoT device with no upfront cost.
Explore more about Hubble99