Associate, Technical Sales
January 4, 2020
Functional Unit: Strategy & Business Development
Division: Business Development
Job Number: S&BD/BD/004
Role: Associate, Technical Sales
Employment Type: Part-time/Remote Operations
Location: Berlin, Germany
Technical Sales Associates, though remotely positioned, will utilize work collaboration tools to work with a team, which will contain other associates, engineers and marketing people.
The candidate will focus on partnering with key OEMs & ODMs in IoT industry to drive Cavli products and solutions to the assigned regional market.
The candidate will work closely with the in-house lead generation team and Pre Sales team in nurturing and closing leads and also drive incremental sales from existing accounts and generate more leads.
Furthermore, the candidate will be tagged to regional institutional distribution partners and work with them for last mile deal closing.
In this capacity, Technical Sales Associates, will report to the Head of Business Development Operations.
Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and build strong
personal relationships with prospect clients.
Ensure coordinated and consistent customer engagements with prospective clients.
Create reliable forecasts and be completely transparent with management on the pipeline status.
Coordinate efforts with the institutional distribution partner for the assigned region.
- Follow up on recommendations from clients, read industry journals- offline as well Online to keep track of potential clients and how their solutions are evolving and gain a clear understanding of customers’ business portfolio and requirements. Articulate future buying trends and premium service requirements back to the Business Development team
- Document your learnings garnered by interacting with multiple prospective clients and arrive at product-training programs for their organizations and customers
- Prepare and deliver presentations showcasing Cavli’s solutions to potential clients
- Periodically check up on clients to see how current installations are working and to offer additional services and products.
Qualifications/ Skill sets required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a related discipline
- Post Graduate in business management/ Master of Business Administration
Preferably 2 years of work experience in business development preferably in technology/software field/IT field
- Strong interpersonal skills because they build long-term relationships with clients and communicate verbally and in writing with other sales team members and technical workers.
Strong verbal and written communication and comprehension
skills will be a must.
They must be persuasive in their presentations and persistent in pursuing leads.
- Excellent technology skills help specialists understand the complexities of their company’s offerings and keep them up-to-date on the latest advances in their industries.
- Problem-solving acumen to analyze customer issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Experience in selling IT solutions.
- Exposure to Telecom, IT and IoT sectors will be an added advantage
- Ability to assess business opportunities and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to manage multiple prospect situations simultaneously while positioning company products against direct and indirect competitors