April 26, 2020
Functional Unit: Research & Development
Job Number: HR/HRE/008
Role: Embedded Engineer
Employment Type: Full time
Seniority level: Mid senior level
Work Experience: 4+ years
Location: Cochin, India
We are looking for firmware engineers whose primary responsibility will be to work on cellular L2/L3 stack on technologies like LTE, CAT-M, NB-IoT, 5G-NR. The preferred embedded platform knowledge is ThreadX, FreeRTOS, Embedded Linux, C/C++ with added knowledge on protocols like CoAP/LwM2M/MQTT/MQTT-SN. You will be working on chipsets like Qualcomm MDM9205, Qualcomm QCX212, UNISOC 8909B, UNISOC 8908A, PXA1802. You will be working with other engineers who will cooperate with you in determining the architecture and constraints of the project. Ideal candidates will have excellent skills in collaborative problem solving, the willingness to overcome hardware constraints, and the internal drive to create quality products.
- Analyze the project and participate in multi-way discussions with hardware designers, cloud engineers, and server-side developers to familiarize yourself with the product.
- Design, build, and test efficient, high-quality embedded code.
- Ensure the robustness of the code in the face of heavy-duty hardware use.
- Ensure the robustness and security of wireless communication protocol, stability, resilience with cloud environment as well as with different cellular technologies.
- Ensure that the firmware is as protected and tamper-proof as the hardware platform can provide.
- Collaborate on the design of future revisions of the product.
Qualifications/ Skill sets required:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Strong experience with ARM Cortex M, R, and A series microcontrollers and microprocessors.
- Strong experience with FreeRTOS and its an added value if, knowledge in ThreadX.
- Strong knowledge of the C/C++ programming language in an embedded software context.
- Strong knowledge of software platforms like ARM Keil and Developer Studio.
- Strong knowledge of security layers like mbedTLS, sharkSSL, and wolfSSL.
- Experience interfacing and driver development for USB and PCI-e.
- Experience with USB/PCI-e communication.
- Experience with low-power design and advanced sleep modes for controllers.
- Understanding of underlying electronics to the point where it influences firmware development and debugging
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git.