April 24, 2020
Functional Unit: Research & Development
Job Number: HR/HRE/006
Role: Firmware Developer
Employment Type: Full time
Seniority level: Mid senior level
Work Experience: 4+ years
Location: Cochin, India
We are looking for a firmware developer whose primary responsibility will be to create the complete firmware for an IoT sensor device . You will be working with other engineers— some of which are creating the hardware platform, and others who are writing server-side and mobile app interfaces for the device —who will cooperate with you in determining the architecture and constraints of the project. Ideal candidates will have excellent skills in collaborative problem solving, the willingness to overcome hardware constraints, and the internal drive to create quality products
- Analyze the project and participate in multi-way discussions with hardware designers and server-side and mobile app developers to familiarize yourself with the product.
- Design, build, and test efficient, high-quality embedded code.
- Ensure the robustness of the code in the face of heavy-duty hardware use.
- Ensure the robustness and security of wireless communication with other devices.
- Ensure that the firmware is as protected and tamper-proof as the hardware platform can provide.
- Collaborate on the design of future revisions of the product.
Qualifications/ Skill sets required:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Strong experience with ATmega32U4 or other microcontrollers from the ATmega family
- Strong knowledge of the C programming language in an embedded software context
- Experience interfacing with Bluetooth 4.2 modules, especially Texas Instruments’ modules
- Experience with USB communication
- Experience with low-power design and advanced sleep modes
- Experience interfacing with small OLED devices, especially with SSD1306 controllers
- Familiarity with using additional sensors, such as accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Understanding of underlying electronics to the point where it influences firmware development and debugging
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git