Technical Sales Engineer
February 11, 2021
Functional Unit: Business Development
Division: Business Development
Role: Technical Sales Engineer
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Europe - Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Bucharest, Budapest, Munich, Paris, Prague, Vienna, Warsaw
As a Technical Sales Engineer for the EU region, the candidate will be expected to closely work with the Business Development team for the region while closely coordinating with the R&D team in India to service European customers.
- Assist customers to understand all products and perform demo for various field applications.
- Develop and execute strategy for achieving annual sales goal by territory, distribution channel and key accounts
- Identifies key decision makers within customer executive team, engineering, supply management and establishes relationships in favor of Cavli Wireless
- Provide technical support to customer and configure services.
- Develop and maintain documents for designs and application notes and provide updates.
- Lead and drive new business demand creation with Field Application Engineers and Business Units to secure successful design win penetrations at customers R&D and design centers.
- Analyze customer requirements and ensure products meet customer requirements appropriately.
- Conduct face to face customer management meetings as necessary to provide support, address issues, communicate updates and build strong relationships
- Coordinate with the Research and Development team, identify issues and resolve the same.
- Administer various field applications for customers and provide support to engineering software.
- Perform troubleshooting on controller issues and perform tests on bugs.
- Develop and determine various product features, perform tests and prepare documents for the same.
- Participate in technical meetings and prepare training programs for subordinates.
- Provide customer support including product information, roadmaps, demonstrations, price and delivery quotations
- Create and align monthly and quarterly sales forecast, delivering revenue goals and ensuring on-time supply
- According to the market and customer project status, make business trip plans, and participate in exhibitions, seminars and visits to key customers
Work Experience required:
- 3+ years experience working in cellular or semiconductor industry
- 3-6 years of sales experience in electronics or relevant products, preferably on wireless modules
- Preferred to have experience running field test on live operator networks such as Vodafone, Orange, Telefonica, DT
- Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing cellular mobile and network logs
- Experience with several cellular test equipment
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English and one European language
Preferred Technical skill sets:
- Cellular / GNSS module experience is highly preferred.
- Embedded HW/SW development experience
- Experience and interest on IoT
- Knowledge of OMA DM, FOTA, UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, IMS, VoLTE, NB-IoT, CAT-M, 5G
- Knowledge of TCP, UDP, SIP, LAN, WLAN
- Knowledge in 3GPP standards
- Familiar with RF wireless technology
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Familiar with EU operators field networks and requirements
- Experience managing the sales activities
- Professional attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface directly with different levels of the customers' organization.